Should we use oral diabetes agents in our hospitalized patients? Do you hold metformin for fear of lactic acidosis? Do you typically order an insulin sliding scale? When can you comfortably restart PTA meds?
- 02:25 Can we give metformin in the hospital?
- 10:50 Incretin-based therapies
- 14:49 Sodium Glucose Cotransporter-2 Inhibitors
- 16:27 Sulfonylurea & Thiazolidinediones
- 18:00 Basal Insulin inpatient
Show notes, Transcript and References: https://www.coreimpodcast.com/2021/10/13/oral-diabetes-medications-in-hospitalization-mind-the-gap-segment/
Tags: Core IM, IM Core, glucose, insulin, hospitalized patients, oral medications, sliding scale, DPP-4, GLP-1