How do you perceive sex work and sex workers? And why does the stigma around sex work exist?
Sara and co-host Prescott interview Vanessa Ho of Project X, a non-profit group dedicated to advocating for sex workers' rights in Singapore.
Vanessa helps to clarify some of the biggest misconceptions around sex work, and shares with us how the nature of sex work has changed over the years.
We discuss the draconian laws in many Asian countries surrounding sex work and the risks and dangers many sex workers face because they are afraid to come forward due to the stigma and shame associated with the profession.
By learning more about the why’s, what’s and who’s of sex work, this thoughtful episode helps us examine where our own biases and prejudice regarding sex work come from, and challenges us to regard the profession with more compassion.
- Want more tips for a healthier, happier sex life? Join the community.
- Visit Sarasense website: http://sarasense.com
- Follow @hellosarasense on Instagram
- Visit Project X website: https://theprojectx.org and follow @projectx.sg
- Detailed show notes for this episode here.
PS. If you’ve gotten value from this podcast, I’d really appreciate it if you subscribed and left a review. :)