Max talks about an emergency that occurred earlier in the month as Endeavor flight 1516 departed LaGuardia enroute to Savannah, GA. The controllers and flight crew worked together remarkably well, and there’s a lot that general aviation pilots can learn from their interactions. We also replay an interview from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast in which they interviewed Mark Robinson, of Frequentis Australasia about remote towers.
Support the Show by buying a Lightspeed ANR Headsets
Max has been using only Lightspeed headsets for nearly 25 years! I love their tradeup program that let's you trade in an older Lightspeed headset for a newer model. Start with one of the links below, and Lightspeed will pay a referral fee to support Aviation News Talk.
Lightspeed Delta Zulu Headset $1199
Lightspeed Zulu 3 Headset $899
Lightspeed Sierra Headset $699
My Review on the Lightspeed Delta Zulu
Send us your feedback or comments via email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
- Textron and NetJets sign agreement for 1,500 Cessna Citation jets
- Cirrus Has Option To Sell New Rotax-Powered Trainer
- NTSB Says Pilot Posting to Social Media Caused Fatal Crash
- Kalitta Air 747 Tries To Take Off Without Clearance
- Pilot error blamed in crash at St. Augustine airport that killed 2
- Pilot mistakenly extends flaps instead of landing gear
- Plane stolen in Canada
- Two pilots killed in a mid-air collision at Reno Races
- 42% of U.S. deaths from small aircraft crashes occurred in Alaska
- Ninth crop-dusting fatality in U.S.
- Aircraft damaged or destroyed from microburst at Falcon Field
Mentioned on the Show
Plane Crazy Down Under podcast
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order.
Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook
Max Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook
If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars
Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
"Go Around" song used by permission of Ken Dravis; you can buy his music at kendravis.com
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.